My Trying Times

Hello and welcome to another Teaching Tuesday Thread! This week I'm going to talk about how I'm trying to produce fruits in my trying times with God by my side!

Last week I went over what the fruits of the Spirit are. They are;

* Love
* Peace
* Joy
* Kindness
* Goodness
* Gentleness
* Faithfulness
* Self Control

When you are in the heart of the moment in a trial, weather it be small or big, it can be quite a challenge to act according to God's will. Now that I understand what the above fruits are, I use them as a guide/reference on not just how to act but how to handle my problems and trials and how to bring it back around to Jesus. This has been a lengthy road of learning but I'm thankful for it since it has grown both my wisdom and relationship with Jesus tremendously!!!

Our basement has flooded again but not as bad as last time. While my husband got upset and started ranting about his frustration so to speak, I remained calm, gave thanks for it not being worse, and simply didn't make a big deal out of it. I didn't let my husband's actions effect my"fruitful"attitude.  It would have  been so easy for me to join my husband and grumble and complain. Instead, I chose thankfulness.

Last night my oldest daughter was fighting me since she didn't want to do what she was told. When she was done fighting and had her "God moment", she came to me crying because she realized she wasn't behaving properly and felt bad. I used that trial to show her that while I was upset with her behavior, I still remained calm, I still treated her with kindness and gentleness. I also used it as a teaching moment to show her that by her learning to listen to me will help her learn to listen to God as she grows. She reacted very well to this and is appreciative of my obedience to God for it is helping her in her relationships with others and grow her relationship with God too!!!

So in this last example, I kept asking God to help me in that moment because I knew if I didn't have Him, I wouldn't have handled it properly. He helped me stay calm and patient! When she was ready to talk, I brought it back around to God by explaining God gives us all of these trials to help us learn and grow. Also, that by her learning to listen to me helps her learn to listen to God. A very trying situation between my daughter and I turned into a blessed bonding moment!!!

I truly believe that all of the trials I've had were given to me from God to help me learn and grow. These are things no one can ever take away from me and that's how I can say I am truly thankful for my trials!!!

Father God, thank you for giving me all of these different trials, for getting me to learn different things which always lead me back to you!  I'm also thankful that you, God, have given me this message to share with others!

Thank you all for being on this journey with me! Much love and may peace be with you!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unchangeable

Ecclesiastes 12 2020

Tis the Season