Don't be Hating

Hey y'all
I pray it's been a great week for y'all! Here's today's scripture.

But I say to you, love [that is, unselfishly seek the best or higher good for] your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
MATTHEW 5:44 AMP
https://bible.com/bible/1588/mat.5.44.AMP

NIV translation
But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
Matthew 5:44 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/mat.5.44.NIV

MSG translation
“You’re familiar with the old written law, ‘Love your friend,’ and its unwritten companion, ‘Hate your enemy.’ I’m challenging that. I’m telling you to love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer, for then you are working out of your true selves, your God-created selves. This is what God does. He gives his best—the sun to warm and the rain to nourish—to everyone, regardless: the good and bad, the nice and nasty. If all you do is love the lovable, do you expect a bonus? Anybody can do that. If you simply say hello to those who greet you, do you expect a medal? Any run-of-the-mill sinner does that.
Matthew 5:43‭-‬47 MSG
https://bible.com/bible/97/mat.5.43-47.MSG

TPT Version
However, I say to you, love your enemy, bless the one who curses you, do something wonderful for the one who hates you, and respond to the very ones who persecute you by praying for them.
Matthew 5:44 TPT
https://bible.com/bible/1849/mat.5.44.TPT

For this scripture, the MSG translation is my favorite and says it all. It used to be a pretty big challenge for me to love my enemies, but now it's not so hard. I simply pray for the best and many blessings for them. I understand that they don't understand the real working of God's love, and they never will unless we show them by example first...

So come on, I dare you, show your enemies love!
Much love to y'all and may peace be with you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unchangeable

Ecclesiastes 12 2020

Tis the Season