Following His Commands

Hope y'all are doing well! Here's today's scripture

The person who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him [I will make Myself real to him].”
JOHN 14:21 AMP
https://bible.com/bible/1588/jhn.14.21.AMP

NIV translation:
Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”
John 14:21 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/jhn.14.21.NIV

TPT version:
Those who truly love me are those who obey my commands. Whoever passionately loves me will be passionately loved by my Father. And I will passionately love you in return and will manifest my life within you.”
John 14:21 TPT
https://bible.com/bible/1849/jhn.14.21.TPT

How great it is to have such a loving Father, our heavenly Father that is. He cares about us so much that He has His own rules for us to follow. When we are obedient to Him by following His commands/rules, He makes himself known to us personally.

What do the evil ones do when you obey them? They simply fail you, let you down, and don't give you anything of great benefit. Plus, you don't get eternal life in the most spactacular place, heaven! Money, friends, etc, etc, etc don't get you to heaven. They may be nice to have in this physical place, but they don't get your to heaven...

While there are times that it seems hard to follow God's commands, it's so worth it in the end. For me, this journey has been a matter of not just learning, but practicing as well. Practicing the act of patience. Remembering that joy isn't necessarily a feeling, but a mindset. Remembering to give myself a timeout to adjust my heart, to turn it toward God which will then adjust my attitude and the path of my feet not to mention the words coming out of my mouth. There's so many other examples but I'll leave it here. I'm just so incredibly thankful for having such a great Father! While this journey is at times hard and difficult, has it's ups and downs, and mountains and valleys; I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm also so thankful that God keeps giving us multiple chances to make the right decisions, and to act according to His will. He gives learning opportunities to learn how we should act and opportunities to do what we learn. We are then given times to help others learn their way too. We ALL have a part in this if we open our hearts and listen to what God is saying...

Much love and may peace be with you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unchangeable

Ecclesiastes 12 2020

Tis the Season