No, Not Today!

Hey y'all!  Here's another Teaching Tuesday Thread!!!

The most recent season of my Jesus Journey has been really focused on doing things for God.   Simple everyday things.  Examples include house cleaning, home maintenance, and mowing the yard.

I love a clean home but after having kids, I haven't been able to keep it clean like I'd like, not to mention how my husband would like.  I used to push myself when cleaning in every effort to make my husband happy.  It never worked though. 

Then one day I listened to Joyce Meyer about how we find joy in God, not other people.  This sparked a new attitude in my\self in that I'd clean for God, not my husband.  Let me tell you this has helped me wash dishes with a whole new mindset.  Since God is always with us, we have a never ending dialogue with Him.  I can't stand doing the dishes but then I started to focus on God while doing the dishes and praying for others.  Then I started having conversations with God like I would with one of my friends.  Why not?  After all, God is my best friend!

So lets back up for a minute.  I have been praising and worshipping God when cleaning my home for quite awhile now.  I even get my kids involved with it too.  We sing and dance to the Lord like nothing else matters. Our hearts get filled with such much joy and peace and makes our chores so much more enjoyable.  But after really realizing that I should be doing my chores for God and not to please someone else, that has really deepened my relationship with Him.

One day when I was reflecting on these things during my time with God, He led me to my gutters.  Yes, I said gutters, those endless leaf and debris catchers along the edge of your roof.  I knew they needced to be cleaned.  I knew my husband didn't want to do it.  I didn't want to pay someone to do it.  I hadn't done it before simply because my husband didn't want me to.  I knew I could do it with God by my side though, so I told Him "yes, I will do it with Your help, Lord." So together we cleaned the gutters!There was such a Holy Spirit joy in my heart during this time too, and I used that joy as a blessing to my kids!

So how does this tie into "No, not today"?  There are a lot of times I don't "feel" like doing this or doing that or things in my life simply aren't going very well, or I really don't feel well.  See, over a yuear ago doctors wanted to diagnose me with fibromyalgia.  Once I learned that all these things were a spirtitual attack and that this is a real spiritual battle, Holy Spirit has taught me to use my authority given by Jesus Christ! I literally stomp my foot on the enemy and shout at him. "No, not today! You will NOT steal my joy, you will NOT steal my peace!  You will NOT keep me from what God wants me to do! You will NOT rob me of my blessings, you will NOT steal my inheritance, you will NOT DISTRACT me!!!

GET OUT OF MY HOUSE THAT BELINGS TO THE LORD IN JESUS' NAME!!!

This can only be done with confident boldness which comes when you fully know/realize who you are in Christ!  I have blogged about this in other posts as well.  It is crucial that we all really use this knowlege.

Galations 1:10 AMP says
"Am I now trying to win the favor and approval of men, or of God?  Or am I seeking to please someone?  If I were still trying to be popular with men, I would not be a bond servant of Christ."

The MSG version says it this way:
"Do you think I speak this strongly in order to manipulate crowds? Or curry favor with God? Or get popular applause? If my goal was popularity, I wouldn’t bother being Christ’s slave. Know this—I am most emphatic here, friends—this great Message I delivered to you is not mere human optimism. I didn’t receive it through the traditions, and I wasn’t taught it in some school. I got it straight from God, received the Message directly from Jesus Christ.
Galatians 1:10‭-‬12 MSG
https://bible.com/bible/97/gal.1.10-12.MSG"

The TPT version out it this way:
"I’m obviously not trying to flatter you or water down my message to be popular with men, but my supreme passion is to please God. For if all I attempt to do is please people, I would not be the true servant of the Messiah.
Galatians 1:10 TPT
https://bible.com/bible/1849/gal.1.10.TPT"

Where is your hearts intent?  What is your true motivation?  What is your goal or main objective?

There is a song that has helped me in not letting the enemy steal from me.  It is called Not Today by Hillsong United.  These lyrics have been extremely powerful for me in my life, and I'm, veyt thankful for this song.  Ready?  Here we go...

"Trouble won't trow me
Won't break me
Won't scare me
No more

Fear must have thought
I was faithless
When it came for
My heart

'Cause I got a song
That will never die
I know your love
Is the reason why

I'll sing the night into the morning
I'll sing the fear into You praise
I'll sing my soul into Your Presence
Whenever I say Your name
Let the devil know not tdday

Tell me
Did the enemy panic
As you took up
That cross

Tell me did the
Darkness cry mercy
As you rolled back
That rock

'Cause I know Your life
Is the life in mine
I know Your love
Is the reason why

I'll sing the night into the morning
I'll sing the fear into Your praise
I'll sing my soul into Your presenece
Whenever I say Your name
Let the devil know not today

Whenever I say Your name
Jesus!
Let the devil know not today
Not now not ever again

Your love stood down death
Crushed the devil's head
Fear is just a liar
Running out of breath

The fight beneath Your feet
I'm stnading on Jesus' name
So let the devil know
not today

Let the devil know not today
No no
Not now not ever again
Jesus
Let the devil know not today

I'll sing the night into the mornijng
I'll sing the fear into Your praise
I'll sing my soul into Your presence
Whenever I say Your name
Jesus
Let the devil know not today
Let the devil know not today
Not now not ever again
Let the devil know not today
Let the devil know not today
Let the devil know not today"

I hope that this brings encouragement to those who may need it.  Much love and may peace be with you one and all!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unchangeable

Ecclesiastes 12 2020

Thankfully Scorched!