Tis the Season

Hey y'all! I pray everyone is doing great! The scripture I'm using for this week's Teaching Tuesday Thread is a perfect reminder for our behavior not just for this time of year, but all year round.

But love [that is, unselfishly seek the best or higher good for] your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; for your reward will be great (rich, abundant), and you will be sons of the Most High; because He Himself is kind and gracious and good to the ungrateful and the wicked.
Luke 6:35 AMP
https://bible.com/bible/1588/luk.6.35.AMP

So when we, followers of Christ Jesus, talk about love it also includes those we'd rather not be nice to. I'm talking about people that aren't nice to us, right down mean people, even the wicked. Now let's make clear that I'm not saying let them treat you anyway they want, no! I am saying though that we do need to show kindness and giving without expecting anything in return. I'll be the first to admit that this is really hard. I've struggled with this for most of my life. I learned to forgive people that have hurt me, wronged me, and even harmed me. That has led me to a freer path with
Jesus. This is a subject for another time though...

As stated in the beginning of this scripture, love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting NOTHING in return. So again expectations are key here. If we have expectations when dealing with love, you are making yourself vulnerable. If you give and lend with no expectations with people that aren't very nice to you, you are sharing with them a kindness that Jesus would also show. I think this could be one of the best ways to share Jesus with others. If someone isn't being very nice and they know that they don't deserve anything from you, surprise them with some kindness and just maybe that will open up the door for you to share with them about Jesus.

Don't allow yourself to be mistreated or abused or anything like that, but let's let our inner Jesus shine out! Let's remember that our actions (and even the lack of actions) can say more to those around us than words. So let's try sharing, giving, and lending without expectations. Maybe we'll be less offended and less hurt?

Much love and may peace be with us all this season! Let's choose joy!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unchangeable

Ecclesiastes 12 2020