A Fraction of my Pain

Hey y’all!  Hope everyone’s doing great and staying healthy.  This post is not like my typical posts.  This one is about just a fraction of my childhood pain, but after realizing that I could have a better life with Jesus as my redeemer.  This is a song but only in lyric form right now.  I wrote this remembering all the mental pain I had gone through, but realizing that’s not all there is to it.  Despite everything, there is still so much hope, joy, and peace in life with Jesus has to offer…

 

 

 

Once upon a time, in this messed up life,

I was a little girl.

5 years old on my grandpa’s knee

When he stole my innocence

 

Fast forward a few more years

To lucky age 13

Group of guys intimidates

Bam, it happens again!

 

Worst year of my life

I wanted it to go away

Hurting, hurting all the time

Please, please make it stop

 

Taunting, teasing all the time

Harassment needs to stop

No one here, I’m all alone

Cold and dark with the demons

 

Cutting, cutting everyday

Makes physical the mental pain

Help me, help me! I’m drowning

In this dark abys

 

So the pattern continues

For a number of years

Then one day it hits me

I AM SAVED!!!

 

My redeemer’s name is Jesus

He is the light

That shines the way

He is the light that shines the way

 

 

 

·        Romans 10:10 (NLT)

For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.

·        Romans 10:9 (NLT)

If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Ephesians 2:8 (NLT)

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God

Acts of the Apostles 2:21 (NLT)

But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

·        Job 26:2 (NLT)

“How you have helped the powerless! How you have saved the weak!

·        Psalms 22:5 (NLT)

They cried out to you and were saved. They trusted in you and were never disgraced.

·        Psalms 34:6 (NLT)

In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened; he saved me from all my troubles.

·        Psalms 107:13 (NLT)

“Lord, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.

·        Psalms 107:19 (NLT)

“Lord, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.

·        Psalms 107:28 (NLT)

“Lord, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.

·        Psalms 116:6 (NLT)

The Lord protects those of childlike faith; I was facing death, and he saved me.

·        Psalms 116:8 (NLT)

He has saved me from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling.

·        Psalms 136:24 (NLT)

He saved us from our enemies. His faithful love endures forever.

Job 38:15 (NLT)

The light disturbs the wicked and stops the arm that is raised in violence.

Proverbs 13:9 (NLT)

The life of the godly is full of light and joy

 

 

While this may not be the happiest of posts I’ve ever written, I do hope it shows that despite what things may happen, God does turn them into good.  The above scriptures say that Jesus does save and that he does provide light and joy…  That’s something worth celebrating!!!  Until next time, much love and may peace be with y’all!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unchangeable

Ecclesiastes 12 2020

Tis the Season